- News Release - Av-DEC Wins a GA-ASI 2018 Supplier of the Year Award (PDF)
FORT WORTH, Texas - 30 April 2019 - General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI) is the
world leader in military and civilian UAV's. GA-ASI has just recognized Av-DEC with one of its 2018
Supplier of the Year awards.
- TechLink - Av-DEC granted international license for Navy's anti-corrosion additives.
Texas business closes deal on exclusive patent license with US Navy. Craig Matzdorf, a chemist at the Naval Air Warfare Center Aircraft Division, is a renowned specialist in anti-corrosion coatings, a field built on rust. But there is nothing rusty about the patent portfolio the Navy has amassed over the last 15 years based on work in his lab. By Troy Carter.
- DoD CorrDigest - The Naval Air Systems Command (NAVAIR) Unveils a Breakthrough Alternative to Chromate-Based Primers for DoD Aircraft.
In 2009, the Department of Defense acquisition chief John J. Young, Jr., issued a mandate requiring the military departments to find new ways to reduce their use of hexavalent chromium (a.k.a. hex-chrome or Cr6+). By Kelly Templin.
- Insight Magazine - The Corrosion Fighter (PDF)
Av-DEC products extend aircraft life by preventing corrosion from occurring. By James Careless.
- Helicopter Maintenance - The Great Maintenance Headache Corrosion/Erosion.
Corrosion prevention and control is a prime focus of all aviation maintenance professionals. Prevention is the most cost-effective tool a mechanic can use against the damages of corrosion, and comes in the form of regular inspections, regular washings to remove contaminants and the replacement of protective coatings if damaged.
- LogLines Magazine - Antenna Gaskets to Save Customers Millions. (PDF)
The Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) Reliability Program is supporting applications engineering and logistics efforts across the services to field a series of new gaskets developed by the Joint Council of Aging Aircraft and the Office of the Secretary of Defense. The new gaskets are designed to inhibit corrosion on military aircraft. By Brooker Chambers.
- CorrDefense News - Antenna Gaskets and Floorboard Tapes Lower Price of Aircraft Maintenance. (PDF)
Part 1 of 2 - While Dave Schmidt served as the U.S. Coast Guard's corrosion program manager in 2000, he was asked to resolve a persistent corrosion problem on the antennas and floorboards of teh agency's fleet of HH-65 Dolphins (a.k.a Dauphins), twin-engine helicopters that conduct search-and-rescue missions in U.S. coastal waters. By Cynthia Greenwood