- Topcast Wins an Exclusive Distribution Agreement from Av-DEC for Customers in South-East Asia (PDF)
Topcast, the world-leading aircraft parts distributor and MRO service provider, won an exclusive distribution agreement of products from Aviation Devices & Electronic Components, LLC (Av-DEC), the innovative anti-corrosion solution provider. Upon the contract signed as of the first day of MRO Asia-Pacific 2022, Topcast will represent all corrosion-prevention products engineered by Av-DEC to customers in South-East Asia.
- Gulfstream Supplier of the Year Awards
Av-DEC selected as a top supplier of Gulfstream Aerospace Corp. for exemplary performance.
- C-130 HERC Support - December 2021 C-130 Newsletter (PDF)
C-130J - HF Antenna Deicing Boot and Saddle Improvements. Aviation Devices and Electronic Components LLC produces multiple types of sealant tapes and gaskets that could be used at this location, but the final solution would eventually utilize a hybrid configuration of both the HT3000RT tape with a Conductive gasket and utilize Thixoflex for the final Aero seal. The HT3000RT tape was used on the top, left, and right sides of the installation.
- Fifty Sky Shades - Av-DEC and GLOBALJET Services to Provide Aircraft Theory, Identification, Treatment and Prevention Training Courses
Recognizing the importance and benefits of having thorough, detailed, corrosion-prevention training, Av-DEC and GLOBALJET Services collaborated to create an all-inclusive aircraft corrosion information and prevention training course.
- News Release - Av-DEC and GLOBALJET Services Announce Partnership Training Courses (PDF)
FORT WORTH, Texas - 17 March 2021 - GLOBALJET Services, Inc. and Aviation Devices and Electronic Components, LLC (Av-DEC) are industry-leaders in both aviation training and aircraft corrosion-prevention solutions. Both companies have adapted to the current working environment by creating virtual training courses that directly mirror the experience of having hands-on training.
- MRO Conference - Corrosion Tech Talk (Video)
Innovation in Aircraft Corrosion Prevention presented by Jon Jacobson.
- News Release - Av-DEC Wins a GA-ASI 2018 Supplier of the Year Award (PDF)
FORT WORTH, Texas - 30 April 2019 - General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI) is the
world leader in military and civilian UAV's. GA-ASI has just recognized Av-DEC with one of its 2018
Supplier of the Year awards.
- TechLink - Av-DEC granted international license for Navy's anti-corrosion additives.
Texas business closes deal on exclusive patent license with US Navy. Craig Matzdorf, a chemist at the Naval Air Warfare Center Aircraft Division, is a renowned specialist in anti-corrosion coatings, a field built on rust. But there is nothing rusty about the patent portfolio the Navy has amassed over the last 15 years based on work in his lab. By Troy Carter.
- DoD CorrDigest - The Naval Air Systems Command (NAVAIR) Unveils a Breakthrough Alternative to Chromate-Based Primers for DoD Aircraft
In 2009, the Department of Defense acquisition chief John J. Young, Jr., issued a mandate requiring the military departments to find new ways to reduce their use of hexavalent chromium (a.k.a. hex-chrome or Cr6+). By Kelly Templin.
- Insight Magazine - The Corrosion Fighter (PDF)
Av-DEC products extend aircraft life by preventing corrosion from occurring. By James Careless.
- Helicopter Maintenance - The Great Maintenance Headache Corrosion/Erosion
Corrosion prevention and control is a prime focus of all aviation maintenance professionals. Prevention is the most cost-effective tool a mechanic can use against the damages of corrosion, and comes in the form of regular inspections, regular washings to remove contaminants and the replacement of protective coatings if damaged.
- LogLines Magazine - Antenna Gaskets to Save Customers Millions (PDF)
The Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) Reliability Program is supporting applications engineering and logistics efforts across the services to field a series of new gaskets developed by the Joint Council of Aging Aircraft and the Office of the Secretary of Defense. The new gaskets are designed to inhibit corrosion on military aircraft. By Brooker Chambers.
- CorrDefense News - Antenna Gaskets and Floorboard Tapes Lower Price of Aircraft Maintenance (PDF)
Part 1 of 2 - While Dave Schmidt served as the U.S. Coast Guard's corrosion program manager in 2000, he was asked to resolve a persistent corrosion problem on the antennas and floorboards of teh agency's fleet of HH-65 Dolphins (a.k.a Dauphins), twin-engine helicopters that conduct search-and-rescue missions in U.S. coastal waters. By Cynthia Greenwood